Why do we need sponsorship?
Lyme Regis Town Band is a self- supporting organisation and a registered charity. It is closely involved with the local community through its support of civic, charitable and seasonal events, as the list of engagements clearly demonstrates. Because this is a service provided for the local community, we have a relatively low charging rate which alone does not cover our annual running costs.
The cost of running a brass band is very high; our major items of expenditure include rehearsal room rents, instrumental purchase and maintenance, purchase of new music, uniforms and insurances. We have recently started a Beginners’ Class where tuition is free and instruments are provided. However, whilst this will hopefully ensure the band’s future, it will also prove a justifiable but increasing cost to the band.
Our main source of income comes from our ‘Music by the Sea’ concerts on Marine Parade during July and August each year. Money is collected by a loyal group of supporters, but this income can be affected by poor weather when, as a result, attendances are small or concerts are cancelled altogether.
Regular sponsorship, therefore, will provide the band with financial stability in order to help it continue to develop and provide entertainment and support for the local community and beyond.
How can I become a sponsor?
As an individual, you could become a:
- ‘SUPPORTER’ OF THE BAND – for a £10 annual donation towards our operating costs
- ‘FRIEND’ OF THE BAND – £25 per year; this entitles you to a copy of our Newsletter to keep you up-to-date with the band’s activities and a discount of 25% on concert tickets
- ‘PATRON’ OF THE BAND – £50 per year; benefits as above, but with 2 complimentary tickets for all band concerts; a list of Patrons will be published in each concert programme and on the band’s website.
What can the band offer local businesses?
Hundreds of holidaymakers listen to our summer concerts each year. Your company could be a prominent feature, greatly increasing your sales during this peak period.
As a business, you could become a:
- BUSINESS SPONSOR – £250 per year; this entitles you to display your company logo on all the band’s advertising material, including banners, posters, programmes and tickets; mention will be made of your sponsorship during each concert and in any news and website reports; you will receive 2 free copies of the latest band recording and 6 complimentary tickets for all band concerts
- MAIN SPONSOR – annual cost to be agreed; all benefits of a Business Sponsor; in addition, your business name will form part of the band’s title in all future performances for a year; your logo and corporate profile will appear on the band’s website with a hyperlink to your own site
- RECORDING SPONSOR – your donation will cover the cost of producing a new CD; your logo will appear on each CD and you will receive 6 free copies; the CD will be on sale at every concert and on the Merchandise page of our website
As the band is a registered charity, there are tax benefits for you and for us. The band will be committed to working with you in the promotion of your sponsorship, benefiting your business, the band and the local community.
If you would like to sponsor the Lyme Regis Town Band in any of the above ways or wish to discuss sponsorship further, please telephone 07539 275325 or email us.
THANK YOU IN ANTICIPATION OF YOUR SUPPORT
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU